We have structured our fees on a fixed cost basis so that when money is recovered from the debtor, the overall cost to our clients is proportionate and reasonable.
These fixed costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one-off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed (currently between £230-275 plus VAT per hour).
Debt value Court fee if issued online. Offline fee is in brackets Our fee (incl. VAT) Total £25-£300 £25.00 (£35.00) £75.00 £100.00 £300.01-£500 £35.00 (£50.00) £100.00 £135.00 £500.01- £1000 £60.00 (£70.00) £180.00 £240.00 £1000.01 – £1500 £70.00 (£80.00) £230.00 £300.00 £1500.01 – £3000 £105.00 (£115.00) £315.00 £420.00 £3000.01-£5,000 £185.00 (£205.00) £380.00 £565.00 £5,001–£10,000 £410.00 (£455.00) £500.00 £910.00 £10,001—£50,000 4.5% value of the claim (5% value of the claim) £1,200.00 £50,000.01-£100,000 4.5% value of the claim (5% value of the claim) £2400.00
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- the VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor;
- interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost; and
- the costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
The above fees include:
- taking your instructions and reviewing documentation;
- sending a letter before action;
- receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim; and
- receiving payment and sending onto you if the debt is paid after the issue of proceedings.
In the event that payment is received after sending a letter, before action, but without the need for issuing proceedings we will charge a fixed sum of £250 plus VAT or the fixed cost set out above, whichever is the lower.
In the event that the debtor pays the amount claimed after the issue of proceedings but before we have to apply for default judgement, they will also have to pay the following amount towards your costs:
Debt amount Amount Debtor pays towards your costs Your non-recoverable costs £25-£300 £75.00 £25.00 £300.01-£500 £85.00 £50.00 £500.01- £1000 £130.00 £110.00 £1000.01 – £1500 £150.00 £150.00 £1500.01 – £3000 £185.00 £235.00 £3000.01-£5,000 £265.00 £300.00 £5,001–£10,000 £510.00 £400.00 £10,001—£50,000 £100 plus the Court fee £1,100.00 £50,000.01-£100,000 £100 plus the Court fee £2,300.00
If the debtor does not pay the amount claimed but does not respond to the claim by filing an Acknowledgement of Service or a Defence, we charge the following costs for applying to the court to enter judgement in default:
Debt amount Cost for applying for default judgement if acknowledgement of service not filed Costs for applying for default judgement if acknowledgement of service filed but no defense filed £25-£5,000 £22.00 £25.00 £5000.01 – £100,000 £30.00 £35.00
These fees will be added to the Judgement amount.
These fees include:
- Applying for default judgement;
- When Judgement in default is received, writing to the other side to request payment; and
- If payment is not received within 14 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs.
Matters usually take 4-16 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.