Berry & Lamberts Solicitors has a rich business history dating back over 260 years providing friendly, professional legal services across a range of legal practice areas including: Private Client, Property, Dispute Resolution, Criminal Litigation & Family Law.
We respect and reward hard work as part of our team. We credit our staff with independent thinking with the support of their team and the wider firm.
Whether a Solicitor, Partner, Administrator or Paralegal, everyone’s contribution is valued.
Associate Solicitor or Solicitor, Dispute Resolution
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Litigation Solicitor to join our Dispute Resolution team in the Tunbridge Wells office and would welcome applications from candidates with 5 years + PQE and a proven track record in litigation and building a litigation caseload, business development and excellent client relationships.
We are looking for:
- Qualified Solicitor with unrestricted LPC and if appropriate, GDL (or equivalent)
- proven ability to hit financial targets for two consecutive years+
- Litigation experience in the following areas: commercial & residential property disputes, including Right of Way, Party Wall and Boundary disputes, Inheritance Act claims, Will disputes, Employment Law, Landlord and Tenant disputes
- well-rounded professional individual with strong interpersonal and teamworking skills
- highly organised with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- pro-active and independent worker
- commercial and business awareness
- decisive, self-motivated and hardworking
- committed to self-development and continuous professional legal learning
- able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- committed to providing first class customer service
- practical problem-solving skills
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please send a cover letter and CV to Kim Lennon, HR Manager, 11 Church Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1JA or email: email@example.com
Support Staff Opportunities
From time to time, vacancies come up for permanent support staff across our various legal departments where we require the following skills and attributes:
- Proficient in using Word and Excel
- Able to learn new systems quickly
- Accurate digital audio and letter typing
- Excellent telephone manner and client liaison skills
- Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner
- Ability to use initiative and work proactively
- Highly organised with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of managing a busy workload and prioritising in a fast-paced environment but at the same time working accurately and with excellent attention to detail
- A team player who is also capable of being proactive and ‘getting on’ with it
- Committed to providing first-class customer service
Legal Secretary, Dispute Resolution
We currently have a vacancy for a Legal Secretary to join our Dispute Resolution team in the Tunbridge Wells office. We are looking for candidates with the above support staff skills and attributes and legal secretarial experience working as part of a Dispute Resolution team would also be beneficial.
If you are interested in support staff opportunities, please send a cover letter and CV to Mandy Kettle, Office Manager, 11 Church Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1JA or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please – you are great at what you do but we will get in touch if we need you.
Communication was fantastic at all levels. Professional, helpful, easy to deal with, personable, unstressful and competent.
As a client in her 80th year, I felt all the team were very kind and patient with me. The experience was less stressful than I had expected [sale and purchase]. My thanks to them all.
The service you provided was very good, particularly your knowledge of how things work in Kings Hill.